International Women's Day is here! At Gelous we are all about celebrating our fellow females and the incredible women that have helped to shape the past, present, and future. We have put together a list of Gel Nail Polish colours and Nail Art ideas that speak to all types of femininity. They're sure to have you feeling like the badass woman that you are.
Kicking off our International Women's Day manicure recommendations is this amazing flame inspired Gel Nail Polish art. Speaking to the fire and passion we all hold within us, this nail art manicure uses a range of bold colours to capture the essence of what it really means to be a woman. There is a quote by Michelle. K. that says, “some women are lost in the fire, some women are built from it.” We think this nail art personifies this quote perfectly.
How can you recreate this nail art design?
To recreate this flaming hot design, watch our YouTube here, or read the instructions below.
Nail Art Brushes used: Short Striping Brush.
- Complete your nail prep.
- Apply a thin coat of Base Coat & cap the free edge. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Apply 1-2 thin coats of Pink Builder Gel & cap the free edge. Cure each coat under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Remove the sticky inhibition layer to make applying your nail art easier by wiping your nails with a Lint Free Wipe moistened with Nail Polish Remover.
- Using Lady in Red & your Short Striping Brush, paint an irregular ‘U’ shape, thickening it into a point at the base.
- Using Tropical Punch & your Short Striping Brush, blend into Lady in Red.
- Extend one curve right & on curve left, then fill in the space in between.
- Using Colonel Mustard & your Short Striping Brush, blend into Tropical Punch.
- Using Chin Up Buttercup & your Short Striping Brush, blend into Colonel Mustard.
- Blend each colour further where needed, creating a smooth ombré blend. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Using Heart of the Ocean & your clean Short Striping Brush, lightly outline the flame. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 10 seconds.
- Apply a thin coat of Top Coat & cap the free edge. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Apply Cuticle Oil around your nails & rub into your skin to nourish & moisturise.
I’m sure many of us at some point or another have been called an attention seeker, so instead of feeling ashamed or trying to shy away from it, let’s embrace it! Attention Seeker is a gorgeous, shimmery UV/LED Gel Nail Polish that will turn heads and give you just the right kind of attention. Celebrate your bright, adventurous, courageous, and fun side with this bright Gel Nail Polish colour. It's sure to inspire you to be authentically yourself!
Galaxy Fairy Floss Gel Nail Polish makes us think of divine femininity. With a soft pink and the beautiful shifting shimmers within the Gel Nail Polish, it looks like a sunset in the clouds - think "God is a Woman by Ariana Grande" type vibes. This pink Gel Nail Polish colour really speaks to our womanly side and has us feeling flirty and powerful all at the same time. What better way to interpret International Women's Day!?
Lady in Red is a sexy, timeless red shade that really speaks for itself. What could celebrate strong female energy more than a bold redUV/LED Gel Nail Polish? Worn throughout history by all sorts of iconic and powerful women such as Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Frida Kahlo, and many more. We think this Gel Nail Polish is a no-brainer for any woman to show off their dynamic and sultry side in a bold and fun way.
Bewitched is for our mysterious and magical queens. This glittery Gel Nail Polish has a mesmerising quality, reminding us of hypnotising eyes and a sassy personality to boot. We’re thinking Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Charmed, Bonnie from the Vampire Diaries, and Samantha Stephens. Who doesn’t want to be the most enchanting and spellbinding version of themselves? Embrace your inner enchantress with the gorgeous Bewitched Gel Nail Polish.
Last but certainly not least are our beautiful floral Nail Stickers and Nail Transfers. Flowers can represent so many things, such as transformation, beauty, fertility and diversity. All of these things are part of being female and have a huge bearing on how we live our lives. So why not jazz up your International Women’s Day manicure some adorable floral Nail Art? Choose from one of many within our Nail Art section.